Daily Blog Tips

Wednesday 25 May 2011

CHILDHOOD DREAMS

I'm sure we ALL have had dreams... dreams when we were young.. and we STILL do! It's something that i believe is an innate quality of human beings... to dare and dream... the urge to do something in life.. but the sad part is that not everyone is able to achieve those dreams.. thats how life is planned for us... some do well in life and some dont..

There is a joke i just remembered that i once read somewhere, "Trouble is, to make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake" ;)

Hahah although this is a joke, its so true at the same time.. Many people believe that if they are destined to achieve the dreams that they have been following, they will be able to fulfill them with the help of luck and no work.. whereas, what i believe is that nothing happens on its own. Although, all of it is not in our hands, 50% work plus another 50% luck is what works. As they say, God helps those who help themselves!

When i was young, ive had quite silly dreams actually.. to become this and to become that and blah blah.. little did i know that when i grow up, im not going to remain as ambitious :P.. however, coming to IBA has taught me quite alot. The company you keep really does matter I believe. All the people that I have met at my university uptil now have been so ambitious, with so many goals in life, with so much to do and accomplish, that it has actually changed the way i think.. Previously, I kept on insisting that all i want to do after completing my bachelors is relax and enjoy my life.. However, ive changed my mind.. and my parents have alot to do with this. They have been putting it in my mind throughout that i have to work when i grow up.. and become independent, not worrying about who will take care of me.. and i always said i am "not interested" and i would roll my eyes :P.. my now, actually want to do something.. just anything.. some productive obviously.. and i want to earn..

What about you guys? any dreams you would want to share? something you've always planned on doing? I would love to hear all about it!

I just hope that all of us are able to fulfill our dreams, do what we want to do. Good and helpful things of course.. without anyone having to stop us!

So, GOODLUCK to all my readers! :)

1 comment:

  1. great great blog really, loved it!
    just came across it and thought I should give a pad on the back :)

    ReplyDelete