Daily Blog Tips

Wednesday 25 May 2011

CURRENT ISSUES OF PAKISTAN


This is one of the topics that I really want to talk about in my blog, since i believe this a platform where i am getting a chance to say whatever i feel and all the thoughts that come to my mind regarding my mother country. 

Back when I was a child, there was a grocery store 2 minutes away from my house and I would always listen to my sisters telling my cousins and me stories about how they used to go to the store on a bicycle all by themselves when they were kids. Now this is when they were kids, meaning i was not even born. Evertime I heard my sisters, my cousins and I were extremely fascinated by this entire idea and we would insist on going to the store alone as well. However, we were not given permission. Why, you may wonder? Well I never really understood that myself, except that i would be told that it is not safe and that the stories my sisters tell are of the time when Pakistan used to be a safe place to roam about in. 

Well, if that's the case then shouldn't we all be locked up in our houses TODAY?? Considering the condition of Pakistan. Just to be clear, im not even being sarcastic. Everytime we switch on a news channel, there is some depressing news that we get to see on it. It is just so sad how this country has become such a SCARY place to live in. For example, everytime I'm travelling in my car, I feel extremely unsafe with all the stories that I get to hear. There are cases of mugging, rape, stealing, target killing, murders, kidnapping, kids dieing because of falling in gutters that were uncovered, suicide bombing, beating up, putting cars on fire and God knows what, EVERYDAY! I admit the media does exaggerate news to some extent but there are incidents that have happened with people i know personally, whose going to give an explanation for that?

Even if we tend to ignore these cases, there are so many other social issues that are going on. Take an example of the MAJOR crisis of electricity going on in Pakistan. I can quote an example of my own, where a week back, there was NO electricity at my house for THREE CONSECUTIVE days. YES THREE DAYS! and sadly, there was NOTHING that could be done about it. The KESC people did not even bother to respond to our calls, infact, they kept their phones OFF THE HOOK so they would not have to "deal" with us. And why did they do this? To create issues for the KESC top level people and who suffered? WE DID! 

So the point im trying to make is that there is NOONE to stop anyone from doing ANYTHING over here. 
I believe that our country is facing a MAJOR crisis in every aspect that we look at and who is ultimately responsible for MOST of the issues that are occurring? the GOVERNMENT!!! I believe it is strictly the responsibility of the governement to look after the well being and welfare of its people, to make sure that their public is not having any difficulties. However, here the case seems to be completely different. The government is not doing anything at all. They just sit and enjoy what comes to them (JUST THE GOOD). 

But i have also studied in my course of philosophy that the MOMENT a government turns into a tyrant monster and takes every step for theirs and their benefit ONLY, its a signal for the public to RAISE THEIR VOICES. BUT, this isnt happening here either. WHY? Because every person who tries to take a step is pushed down 6 feet under the ground. Now how SAD is that? It actually makes me wonder.... When Pakistan was founded by our great national leader Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah, is this why he went through all the pains to fight for us muslims to get us a seperate land to live in FREELY. you think he called THIS freedom?? What he believed in was UNITY, FAITH AND DISCIPLINE.... and we see NONE of it in our country. 

People say there is no future for this country and that conditions will only get worse....So, I leave my readers with a question.....  WHAT NEXT??!

1 comment: